How to Volunteer Your Time, Talent or Treasure
Nothing speaks more highly for a university than successful alumni who enthusiastically serve and support it. Whether you help recruit students, speak at a career workshop, join an alumni group or serve on the Board of Directors, you'll walk away with a sense of accomplishment and pride, knowing that you truly made a difference in the lives of USF students and alumni. Volunteering through the USF Alumni Association is a benefit of membership.
As an alumni volunteer, you can give of your time, talent and treasure how and when you choose. You can help with a specific program, serve on a committee or chair an event. With so many programs and commitment levels available, we'll help you find the right opportunity for you:
Show your BULL Pride
Show your pride on your ride with the official Florida USF Bulls License Plate. Don’t miss the chance to have your own USF Bulls Specialty License Plate for Less! Download your FREE $25 voucher today at www.bullsplate.org
. Sport USF BULLS gear to brand USF. Visit Bulls Outfitter
for your official alumni logo’d gear. (back to top of page
- Tell a Friend
- Submit Class Notes for Alumni Voice
- Bulls in the News—Send us your alumni success stories (top)
Advocate on Behalf of USF
With stiff competition for state and federal funding, advancing USF's welfare has become vital. As an advocate, you can be USF's voice to various government sectors, communicating pressing issues, proposing policy, educating and creating understanding of and support for our University.
- The Council of 100—The Council of 100 is a group of alumni volunteers who have been or are currently involved in the legislative process. These alumni are experts in a wide range of fields from education to industry. They have been involved in the legislative process at all levels from legislative aides and committee staff to the Governor’s Chief of Staff and lobbyists for a diverse client base. Council members assist the university with its legislative advocacy initiatives.
- USF Day in Tallahassee—University of South Florida students, faculty, staff and alumni travel to the Capitol in Tallahassee. We showcase displays from various colleges and campuses, while members of the USF Ambassadors and Student Government greet and speak with legislators. The Alumni Association facilitates meetings with legislators and members of the alumni Council of 100 and members of the USF Board of Trustees. Key legislative advocates from each of these groups are able to visit with legislators during this promotional day at the Capitol.
- Bulls in Government (BIG)—A list of USF alumni in all facets of government from city, county, state and federal levels to facilitate communications, networking and legislative advocacy between USF advocates and legislators in all levels of government. (top)
Participate in Alumni Groups
Build lifelong friendships and give back to USF. Activities include special events and programs focusing on scholarships fundraising, advocacy, cultural and fine arts, career services, educational outreach and athletics. Get involved with an alumni group
in your local area or one that matches your interests. Click here for ideas, tools and resources to MAKE IT HAPPEN
Honor USF Alumni & Friends
Nominate University alumni and friends for our annual alumni awards. Help ensure a wide pool of nominees for these prestigious honors. Select volunteers are tapped to review nominations.
Volunteer for the Alumni Scholarship Committee
Review and score applications and interview candidates for Alumni Association Scholarships. You also can help identify and recruit potential donors and mentor current students.
Help Future Alumni – Develop relationships with current students to help ensure a strong, active alumni constituency for your alma mater. Alumni assist with programs that enhance the student experience while, at the same time, raise their awareness of the Alumni Association. Alumni volunteers speak at Career seminars and student leadership events, and participate in Welcome Week, Orientation, Parents and Family Weekend as well as Commencement activities. Click here for more information.
Attend the Alumni Academy
The Alumni Academy gives Association members the chance to develop knowledge and skills that may lead to future USF volunteer opportunities – within the Association, across campus and around the country.
Identify Leadership Opportunities
The USF Alumni Association is a volunteer-driven organization. Each year, alumni are needed to serve on Association's committees and board, and to share an alumni perspective on many campus boards and governing committees. (top
Tell Us What Your Talents Are!
Are you curious about how best to get involved? Let us help you find an opportunity that suits your skills, interests and schedule. Contact Tyrone Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org
, 813.974.1936, and we will help find the volunteer opportunity that is right for you. (top